Tuesday, 21 February 2012
Bedroom Tips For Buying a Bed
When you are buying a new bed you are making a big decision as the bed you choose will determine everything from how much sleep you get to the layout of your bedroom. Style, comfort, cost and size are just a few of the factors you will need to consider when you are buying a new bed. To help the decision process, check out the top ten tips below.
1. Plan the layout of your bedroom before you buy a bed and also measure the size of the area available for the bed. It's no use looking to buy a king size bed if it's too big for your bedroom.
2. Even if you plan to buy your bed online, visit bed showrooms and shops and test the beds out in person. Just because a review says the bed is comfortable, it might not be suitable for your requirements.
3. Decide what style of bed you would like and which will complement your current . Choose a material such as wood, metal or a fabric divan bed and then decide on whether you prefer a traditional or contemporary style.
4. Set a budget to buy a bed and wisely so you get the best bed you can for your money as it can be a far better long term investment than settling for a cheap bed.
5. Scour the internet for online bed sales and clearances as you could find some great deals on the beds that you've tried and tested on the high street.
6. If you are buying a bed for your guest room then if you can afford it and if you have the space, buy a queen size bed or larger so that you can accommodate couples.
7. Buy a bed with the right support for your back. Firm beds are thought to be better for the back but you have to make sure you buy a bed which fits your personal requirements so the bed is supportive but still comfortable.
8. If you have issues with mobility then when you buy a bed you should consider its height. Higher level beds are ideal if you have trouble raising yourself out of bed or bending down to get in.
9. Checkout the warranty on the bed you plan to buy and see if it is covered for defects in workmanship and manufacturing. This way if anything is wrong with your bed, you can claim a hassle-free replacement or ask for a refund.
10. When you buy a bed find out how it will be delivered and how you will move it to your bedroom. If you buy a king size bed and it can't be dismantled then you might have trouble getting it up the stairs and into your bedroom.